CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Suffering

*Suffering is God's gift to make us aware of our contingent existence. It creates an enviornment where we see the true nature of our existence-dependant on the living God.*

Sometimes it is hard to look at suffering as a good thing especially while your walking through it. You have a choice to make in it. You either choose to walk through it with your Heavenly Father or you choose to walk by yourself. Whatever we choose determines how we walk through the valley!

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2

This is a verse that I keep close to my heart on a daily basis. It is a constant reminder that no matter what God ask us to do, he will always equip us with the strength and guidance needed to fulfill the mission.

Our family is going through the valley right now. Some days it is honestly unbearable. I have some days when I don't even want to pick my head up off the pillow, but I always have that still small voice saying "You can do this, I will be holding your hand" and he is. The emotions that go with having your family separated are hard enough, but when you put in the fact that he is overseas in a battle zone, it just gets harder. I struggle everyday to not let my mind go some places. I am always trusting that he is in the palm of God's hand and God loves him more than I do. (Hard to imagine that). But he does and there is so much peace found there.

JD and I love our Lord with all of hearts and our most heartfelt desire is to trust and obey Him. He always has our best interest at heart. He will NEVER leave us or FORSAKE us. We have chosen to look at suffering as a blessing from our Lord. He has drawn us near to him and I personally would rather be no other place. I have so much joy in my circumstance.

With all of that said, I long everyday for our life to be back to normal as I know the rest of my family does. JD is my best friend, husband, lover, father of my children, and so on. He is my soul mate and living each day without that is so hard. We get to talk, but no matter how often we talk, there is still a strong disconnect there until he comes home. His children are changing so much daily. I try to keep him updated, but it's not the same.

This too shall pass and we will be so much stronger in our walk with the Lord and in our own personal marriage. God is growing us and grooming our marriage everyday!!

I love you baby and miss you terribly!! See you soon!

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1,2


No comments:

Post a Comment